Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External display causing artifacts and computer shut down

I have an early-2011 MBP and a 5 year old monoprice Mini-DP-->HDMI adapter that I used to connect to both an external display for work and my television for leisure.

I literally just had the logic board replaced due to well-known graphics issues. When I brought my MBP home from being repaired I found that things were generally in excellent shape. However, when I tried to connect the MBP to my work display, using the monoprice MDP-->HDMI adapater, I immediately noticed artifacts appearing on both the external display and my MBP display. I unplugged the connection and my MBP display returned to normal. I tried one more time to see if the problem persisted, which it did. When I unplugged cable this time it caused my MBP to freeze requiring a forced shut down.

As the logic board / GPU are brand new, is it likely a faulty MDP-->HDMI adapter causing my problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:45 AM

There are no replies.

External display causing artifacts and computer shut down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.