Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing files through iCloud?

I made some files on my iPad and uploaded them to iCloud, though when I open Garage Band on my Mac I am not sure where they are. I open a new project and choose iCloud Drive, though there is no option to see the files.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:17 PM

GarageBand stores the shared files in the old "Documents in the Cloud" section of iCloud, not on icloud Drive.

You will see the iPad songs when you launch GarageBand and and use "File > Import":

See: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnde5194bdc

Import a GarageBand for iOS song

• Choose File > iCloud > Import GarageBand for iOS Song.
  • In the Import GarageBand for iOS Song dialog, select the song you want to import.
  • Click Import.

If you want to access the GarageBand for iCloud files in the Finder, you can reveal the folder using the Terminal, because they are hidden in the user library:

Open the Terminal.app (it is in the Applications folder in the subfolder Utilities).

Copy and paste this line into the Terminal window and hit return:

open ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/*garageband10

This will open a Finder window with your iCloud GarageBand10 songs.

And this line

open ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/*mobilegarageband

will show you the folder with the GarageBand projects created on your mobile devices.

Once the folders are showing drag them to the sidebar or create an alias so you can access them more easily.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 3:17 PM in response to southwestform

GarageBand stores the shared files in the old "Documents in the Cloud" section of iCloud, not on icloud Drive.

You will see the iPad songs when you launch GarageBand and and use "File > Import":

See: http://help.apple.com/garageband/mac/10.0/#gbnde5194bdc

Import a GarageBand for iOS song

• Choose File > iCloud > Import GarageBand for iOS Song.
  • In the Import GarageBand for iOS Song dialog, select the song you want to import.
  • Click Import.

If you want to access the GarageBand for iCloud files in the Finder, you can reveal the folder using the Terminal, because they are hidden in the user library:

Open the Terminal.app (it is in the Applications folder in the subfolder Utilities).

Copy and paste this line into the Terminal window and hit return:

open ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/*garageband10

This will open a Finder window with your iCloud GarageBand10 songs.

And this line

open ~/Library/Mobile\ Documents/*mobilegarageband

will show you the folder with the GarageBand projects created on your mobile devices.

Once the folders are showing drag them to the sidebar or create an alias so you can access them more easily.

Accessing files through iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.