Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlink iphone 6 from Macbook Air

I have an iPhone6 and just bought an MacBook Air laptop. My son set up my laptop for me and linked my iphone6 to it so now overtime I get a call or text, it shows up on the laptop. It also shows the websites I look at on my phone on the laptop as well. My wife uses the laptop as well and it's a pain when I get a call or text and she's on the computer. How can I totally un-link the two devices?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:38 AM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 2:11 PM in response to kldm64

The fundamental problem is a sharing of Apple ID amongst many folks. When your wife uses the MacBook Air, for example, this issue could be avoided by having her have her own login to the Mac with a different user name, password (optional), and Apple ID (definitely should be different).

You can remove the calls and texts from the MacBook Air by doing System Preferences > General > Allow handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices = [unchecked].

Showing the websites is related to the fact that you are sharing them using iCloud, and you are sharing that Apple ID with other folks. You can go to System Preferences > iCloud and turn off Safari, but that skirts the core issue of sharing your personal Apple ID.

Unlink iphone 6 from Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.