Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folders with Albums have disappeared

I am in the process of transitioning from using Lightroom to using iCloud Photo Library. Instead of doing a big bang transition I'm doing it a little at a time. Another reason I'm doing it this way is because I'm setting up a folder/album structure similar to my folder structure in Lightroom. Yesterday when I opened up the Photos app on my iPhone 6 I noticed that my folders and albums were gone. It doesn't look like the photos are gone but the folder/album structure is gone. Basically, I have one parent folder at the top and then subfolders for each year. For each year I have a combination of other subfolders and albums. The top level parent folder is missing which means I can't get to all of my other custom folders/albums.

I then went to the Photos App on my Mac Mini and my MacBook Pro and the same thing ... no custom folders/albums. The strange thing is that when I go to www.icloud.com all of the custom albums seem to be there (although not in any hierarchy). So it doesn't look like they are truly gone but they are not showing up in any of the Photos apps.

I was hesitant to move my photos to a web based service and this fuels my concern even more. However, I want to pursue resolving the issue since none of my photos have seemed to disappeared.

Thanks,

John Dupre Jr

iPad mini Wi-Fi, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Affects Photos on all my devices

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:10 PM

There have been similar reports of vanished albums and folders after enabling iCloud Photo Library on an iPhone or iPad.

Since you are still seeing your albums in iCloud on www.cloud.com, you could try the following.

• Make a backup copy of your Photos library and then create a new, empty photos library.
  • Enable the new library as the System Photos library and enable iCloud Photo library.

Now your library should download again from icCoud with the albums and folders intact.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 12:10 PM in response to duprejr

There have been similar reports of vanished albums and folders after enabling iCloud Photo Library on an iPhone or iPad.

Since you are still seeing your albums in iCloud on www.cloud.com, you could try the following.

• Make a backup copy of your Photos library and then create a new, empty photos library.
  • Enable the new library as the System Photos library and enable iCloud Photo library.

Now your library should download again from icCoud with the albums and folders intact.

Folders with Albums have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.