Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband - no sound and other issues

Hi,

Few days ago GarageBand update (10.1) came out. I downloaded it, as normal. When I opened GB after the update, it automaticaly started to download loops and sounds but then, after few minutes it stopped (I waited 2hours and the progress bar didn't move forward). I could do nothing, GB stopped responding (internet connection was working!). I forced out close of GB. Problem appeared again and again when I tried to open GB after the update.

I decided to uninstall the GB. I downloaded it again from AppStore and then I reboot my Mac in a safe mode and installed the GB. Everything went OK this time. Then I shut down Mac, turned it on (in a "normal mode") and open the GB. Now, several issues occur:

1) I hear nothing. In GB preferences I set output to "built in speakers". Nothing. I tried to use GB with my audio interface, I change in/out options and again... no sound. It looks like the GB can't see the signal in and out.

2) I cannot add a new track to a new project. It just doesn't work, nothing happens after I press "add a new track" (in AN EMPTY project!!!).

3) GB also does not recognize music keyboard built in the program.

So please, help me, give me any advice, what should I do? Reinstalling OSX?

I used GB for many years and it is the first time I faced so many strange issues.

Thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:17 AM

There are no replies.

Garageband - no sound and other issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.