Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari can not display videos in any website unless youtube

Safari can display only youtube's videos but doesn't videos in any other websites? is there any idea about this problem? I recently updated Yosemite 10.10.4 on my MBA

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 11:53 AM

19 replies

Jul 3, 2015 6:33 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks for suggestion Linc. Actually I have not any problem with loading, only freezing videos on safari, Nevertheless I did what you recommended but no results, I supposed I faced this issue after last updating for Yosemite and iTunes, and that's not all, after updating the last Yosemite(10.10.4) I had no more sound also, no audio output found to select, no startup chime. Safari is playing youtube but with no sound while no video can be played from other websites just freezing. I did updated last Flash player two times already, have tried rebooting, safe mode, PRAM, SMC and reinstalled the software. I also deleted com.apple,BezelServices.plist file and repair permissions, while no problem after hardware testing, Do you know what's the issue with this. I really confused and disappointed

Jul 3, 2015 7:23 PM in response to Behras

Restart the computer in safe mode. Certain caches maintained by the system will be rebuilt.

Safe mode is much slower to start up than normal. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

When the login screen appears, restart as usual (not in safe mode) and test. There's no need to log in while in safe mode.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If there's no change, see below.

This procedure is a diagnostic test. It won’t solve your problem. Don’t be disappointed when you find that nothing has changed after you complete it.

The purpose of this test is to determine whether the problem is localized to your user account. Enable guest logins* and log in as Guest. Don't use the Safari-only “Guest User” login created by “Find My Mac.”

While logged in as Guest, you won’t have access to any of your documents or settings. Applications will behave as if you were running them for the first time. Don’t be alarmed by this behavior; it’s normal. If you need any passwords or other personal data in order to complete the test, memorize, print, or write them down before you begin.

Test while logged in as Guest. Same problem?

After testing, log out of the guest account and, in your own account, disable it if you wish. Any files you created in the guest account will be deleted automatically when you log out of it.

*Note: If you’ve activated “Find My Mac” or FileVault in OS X 10.7 or later, then you can’t enable the Guest account. The "Guest User" login created by "Find My Mac" is not the same. Create a new account in which to test, and delete it, including its home folder, after testing.

safari can not display videos in any website unless youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.