Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I restored my folders on Iphoto?

I lost all my folders on I photo. How do I restore it back to the way it was? I don't like the new update. 😕😠👿

iMac, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:36 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 12:51 PM in response to juniormcantave

I lost all my folders on I photo. How do I restore it back to the way it was? I don't like the new update.

😠👿

Do you mean you upgraded from iphoto to Photos? And want to go back to iPhoto?

The upgrade to MacOS X 10.10.4 left iPhoto installed. You need iPhoto version 9.6.1. If you missed the update to this version see this user tip:

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS... | Apple Support Communities

Your iPhoto Library will also still work, if you did not delete it.

Drag iPhoto from the Applications folder to the Dock, then double-clik it to open. When you see a warning that the library has been migrated to Photos click the "Open iPhoto" button.

Jul 3, 2015 3:26 PM in response to juniormcantave

Moments in Photos are the new Events, i.e. groupings of photos sorted by date taken.

When the iPhoto Library was first migrated to Photos there is a folder created in the sidebar titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events (which are now Moments) are represented by an album in that folder. To open the sidebar if it's not already open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File âž™ New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the iPhoto Events folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

The downside to the simulation is that the Albums/Events can only be sorted automatically by Title. But they can also be sorted manually, either in the sidebar or in the folder's window at the right.

Ask Apple for more sorting options in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Old Toad

I migrated earlier today but I see it left about a dozen iPhoto Event folders OUT of the migration. when I go to sidebar I see them by name but they do not show as subfolders to iPhoto. the correct names are there but they appear empty. they were totally ok last night before migration. so it looks like they did NOT migrate to Photos and can no longer be seen in iPhoto. will go check the library to make sure they were not lost in OS X Yosemite 10.4 update. your responses have been helpful on this topic. but I should've been wiser and read them before migrating!

how do I restored my folders on Iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.