Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access my mail via the mail icon. When the mail opens its blank and shuts off

I Cannot access my mail via the mail icon. When the mail opens its blank. the screen shuts off and pops right up again. I have deleted my account and imputed it again but it's no use

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:37 PM

Force Restart your iPad > Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then try the Mail app.

4 replies

Jul 4, 2015 4:28 AM in response to Hekene

Can you access your mail on a computer (or even the iPad) over web interface, like Google mail?

If yes, is there any recent unusual message in your inbox? (too large, lot of attachments, from unknown sender?)

Try to create a folder and move all messages from inbox to that folder so that the inbox is empty.

-- dd

Dec 13, 2015 10:56 AM in response to Hekene

I resolved the problem! I had tried:

• restarting device
  • updating iOS
  • deleting and re-adding the account
  • deleting the the account and adding a different account
  • deleting account and not adding any

Nothing changed the behavior until I closed everything, turned on airplane mode and opened the mail app with no WiFi connection. It showed me a draft that was started which had a photo attached. I deleted the draft and then turned off airplane mode and the mailbox showed up again.

Cannot access my mail via the mail icon. When the mail opens its blank and shuts off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.