Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't play Beats radio on BMW iDrive

Hello all,

I'm having this annoying bug on my BMW iDrive system (2014 NBT with Apps) with my iPhone 6. I try to listen to Beats radio, some times on Apple Music playlists, and it keeps failing. Or the music stops playing, or no sound from the car, or the worst, it quits playing and starts playing the first music on my iPhone. It's really annoying and the bug is really stubborn.

Is anybody having this issue or has suggestions for a solution? It happens on both BT-audio and USB.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:29 PM

11 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:25 AM in response to luisgguedes

I'm having exactly the same issue. It happens with any of the new Apple music radio stations. It suddenly stops playing, normally after about 1 minute. I then select source twice to take me back to Bluetooth, or USB (both fail the same) and it might start the station again, or just fall out to the first song which is stored on my iPhone. Extremely annoying.

iPhone 6+, iOS 8.4, MN-2.39.60, TN-2.39.62

Can't play Beats radio on BMW iDrive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.