Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with viperdns

SAfari seems to be not working as it keeps defaulting to 'safari can't verify the identity of the website' even for known websites like British Gas. Is viperdns a virus and how do I get back to normal? Thanks

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:44 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Jbkk33

Your product info leaves us confused as to what device - and therefore what "Safari" is affected... help us out by clarifying

meanwhile, "viperdns" seems to be a critter associated mainly with NetFlix <<< I take you aren't happy either!!

1. Who is ViperDNS, and what have they done to my Netflix ...

www.netflixdnscodes.com/who-is-viperdns-and-what-have-they-done-to...It seems that ViperDNS has actually purchased a lot of the free DNS servers we post on here, and are using them to try and plug people into their SmartDNS ...
  2. ViperDNS covers Netflix in ads - Business Insider

www.businessinsider.com/viperdns-covers-netflix-in-ads...

Business Insider

Jun 11, 2015 - ViperDNS has managed to force ads into Netflix — and users aren't happy.
  3. [UK] ViperDNS notification in Netflix, what is this? : netflix

https://www.reddit.com/.../uk_viperdns_notification_in_netflix_wh...

reddit

Jun 8, 2015 - I use a DNS code to access the US netflix, however today I receive a message covering my titles telling me to use ViperDNS, I can still watch ...

from #2 above...

...an un-blocker called ViperDNS which tricks websites into thinking a user has come from a different region, has started hijacking users' American Netflix apps with ads.

Without your device & OS, we cannot really proceed.

ÇÇÇ

Problem with viperdns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.