Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.12 with Apple Music logs me out

Hello,

Since the recent update of iTunes 12.12 which included Apple Music I have been having a very frustrating issue. I subscribed to Apple Music once this came out but something is repeatedly logging me out of the service even though I still see my name in iTunes where you check your account and shows me as logged in.

I will try to play Beats1 radio and it won't play and no other services will work related to Apple Music. I will go to Account in the iTunes menu bar and see that Apple Music is there with iTunes Match as if I never signed up for Apple Music. So it takes me to the sign up page again. If I click where it says 'already a member' nothing happens.

This is happening every few hours in iTunes. I will have to re-sign up for Apple Music in iTunes or log out of my account and back in. One of those two things will get Apple Music working again. I don't understand why it keeps forgetting I'm subscribed to the service. Its like iTunes knows and shows I'm signed in but Apple Music keeps forgetting. The two aren't talking to each other properly.

I'm using a late 2012 Mac Mini with i5, 16GB of RAM and Samsung SSD along with the stock 500GB HD.

I don't use iTunes Match or iCloud. Never have.

iTunes is working fine other than Apple Music which forgets every few hours that I signed up and logs me out of its service but not out of iTunes. This is so frustrating since every time I go to play Beats1 radio station I have to log out and in. But iTunes shows I'm already logged in.

Mac mini (Late 2012), Mac OS X (10.0.x), 16GB RAM/Samsung 850PRO SSD

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:04 PM

1 reply

iTunes 12.12 with Apple Music logs me out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.