Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't fully download GB 10.1. Get prompt: "GarageBand was unable to install the new sounds. Close and reopen GarageBand to download and install them again." Then I'm in loop. Lots of people have this issue. Any answers?

When I try to download GarageBand 10.1, the program downloads. Then I get a prompt that says: "Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software." I hit OK, then this appears: "GarageBand was unable to install the new sounds. Close and reopen GarageBand to download and install them again." When I close and reopen, the same things happens. Browsing this forum and others, it seems like people have been having this problem since Oct. '14, and they're still having it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:35 PM

Then I get a prompt that says: "Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software."

That does not look like a problem with GarageBand but with either your hard disk or the system.

Do you have a recent backup of your Mac, just in case?

Is your profile signature "MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)" still valid?

Run a disk check in Disk Utility, and reset the computers PRAM as described here: OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Jdub31

Then I get a prompt that says: "Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software."

That does not look like a problem with GarageBand but with either your hard disk or the system.

Do you have a recent backup of your Mac, just in case?

Is your profile signature "MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)" still valid?

Run a disk check in Disk Utility, and reset the computers PRAM as described here: OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

Can't fully download GB 10.1. Get prompt: "GarageBand was unable to install the new sounds. Close and reopen GarageBand to download and install them again." Then I'm in loop. Lots of people have this issue. Any answers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.