Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4 Broke my Pioneer CarPlay.

After upgrading to version 8.4, CarPlay does not work anymore... Or rather ... The radio becomes unusable. Becomes sluggish and eventually flips out totally.

I "Forgot" the AV tuner and tried again. This time it seemed to work for one time and then ... Bam! Radio flip out again.

Seems that the "use CarPlay while phone is locked" makes it even worse .... Tried it with the setting on and off and it seems to be worse if it is on

anyone else have this problem ?

Any idea how to fix it ?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:57 PM

31 replies

Jul 6, 2015 11:51 AM in response to KiltedTim

Well then I am really screwed ....

See comments from Pioneer below....

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Customer Service with your inquiry.

Unfortunately there we be no updates in regards to the AVH-4000NEX, it was

discontinued on 03/18/2015.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

unless Apple fix this mess, I have a $700.00 doorstop

😠

Jul 22, 2015 8:37 PM in response to christofromlas vegas

I have a Pioneer AVIC-6000NEX, and 8.4 also broke CarPlay. Pioneer Customer Service was of no use. Apple has no Customer Service.

Pioneer released a new firmware, version 1.10, a few days ago, which I was hoping would fix the problem, but it did not.

I'm hoping an update to 8.4 is released, instead of having to wait for iOS 9, to see if that fixes the problem. Very frustrating to be in this mess.

8.4 Broke my Pioneer CarPlay.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.