Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10.4 Server Update 'Preparing services - ServerSupport' Error

Hi ,

I just updated my server to 10.10.4 and updated to the newest version of Server. During the upgrade process for the server I received the following error:

'Preparing services - ServerSupport' Error Domain:restoreServerBackup.sh Item:/Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/libexec/restoreServerBack up.sh Code:3

And now Open Directory shows that it's always off (though users and groups and logins work as expected), and Profile Manager fails to update device information or allow device enrollment.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2015 9:57 AM

Thankfully I had a carbon copy backup the system so I reverted to 10.10.3 and then reupgraded to 10.10.4. Before updating to server 4.1.3 again I made sure to shut off profile manager and open directory, and the upgrade seemed to take without issue this time.

1 reply

10.10.4 Server Update 'Preparing services - ServerSupport' Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.