Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple replace the screen of an iPhone 5s with modified home button?

Hi I have an iPhone 5s that's still under warranty and today I talked to about replacing my screen because it's popping out and they are sending me a box to ship it in in the mail, however I have a gold iPhone 5s but the ring around it is sliver? But also Touch ID still works because I know it's the original home button and Touch ID only works with the original home button. So when I send in my iPhone will Apple fix the screen like they said they would or send it back same as before?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 12:55 PM

Also this is my first time using the forum and I don't know why my username is that because I've never used this before....

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:17 PM in response to adustyhobo

Be advised when you marked your 2cd post as solving the question, many will no longer look at

it to offer suggestions.

If you or any 3rd party modified the iPhone, Apple will not touch it - it will be returned to you without

the screen being replaced. Opening an iPhone or allowing a not-Apple authorized iPhone repair

shop to do so not only invalidates the rest of your warranty but prevents you from being eligible

for an Out of Warranty reduced price replacement for your iPhone. Did you or someone else make

an alteration to or open the iPhone?

Will Apple replace the screen of an iPhone 5s with modified home button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.