Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Submitting posts in Chrome

In the Chrome browser, I'm currently unable to submit a post to this community, see screenshot below. In Safary, it works. Is this the expected behavior?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:30 PM

16 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:56 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Howdy Chris

I "think" the text box is likely present outside of the view of the shot...

Notice that the "How to write a good question" 'drawer' arrow is DOWN User uploaded filemeaning the text of which pushes the text box down 'out of sight'

User uploaded file

The rest of your advice is a good way to start the Flow - but at the end of that New Discussion creation page the last option before the [POST] step is to verify the forum in which to post - or choose a different one

This is a glitch that seems to have increased in frequency lately - maybe a result of 'unintended consequences' of AppleJiveTeam trying to deal with the timeouts that often occurred during the New Discussion process(?) of composing a Long body of text.

Jul 3, 2015 5:25 PM in response to bobseufert

let's see if we can get you back concentrated...

I was answering Chris's query to the OP " What do you see below that summary. You should see the text box area... " - I was supposing that Chris might be supposing that there was NO text box there - I could be (and probably am) wrong.

The answer to BobTheFisherman was to demonstrate that the screenshot the OP provided showed his login state to be true

Overall conclusion is that the OP experienced a "glitch du jour" of some variety or another?

AlohaBob - ÇÇÇ

Jul 3, 2015 6:40 PM in response to bobseufert

A genuine pleasure, amigo. I am sure you know that you are "preaching to the choir" 👿 - my answer to Chris was more an exercise in exercising one's powers of observation - however, one cannot always believe one's own eyes when in our little corner of the alternate universe. OP's Chrome browser may well be in cahoots rather than declining to get involved 😕 - I still think the spate recently is due to 'unintended consequences' of doings behind the curtain regarding the New Question page timeout issue << the Most Likely Cause Iz Timed Out ( Occam's Razor and all that lex parsimoniae jibber-jabber )

(see other threads - in particular the one [iPad if I recall correctly] where the " Your content was last auto-saved at (such and such) " was displayed in a screenshot of the New Discussion page -- how could it auto-save something that doesn't quite yet exist in the database, I wonder? - a TEMP file would do it, but that seems a stretch for a multitude of different appsto communicate- Apple's IDMSWebAuth database, TinyMCE and JiveWare = complicated for a low priority, uncommon issue)

Jul 4, 2015 7:47 AM in response to danieldominik

Dear all

The TinyMCE editor window was present, it's where I entered the text. However, there was indeed something different in Chrome compared to Safari regarding the forum selection menu below the editor box. It just had the plain text entry "Mac". In Safari, I could select between different forum subdirectories and there were icons present, if I remember correctly.

Submitting posts in Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.