Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with doing an update to Garage Band

The APP Store lists a update for garage Band (which came with my iMac), however, when I try to do the update - I get a message saying that it does not recognize my apple id. I have changed my password several times but I think that the user name has remained constant over time. Never experienced this problem before having done numerous updates through the App Store. Is there a way to determine what Apple ID is tagged to the App? Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), iMac 27"

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 1:38 PM

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 1:54 PM in response to rkeator

When you are signed into the Mac App Store account associated with that Apple ID, you should see all the apps bought with that ID in the Purchases list, including apps bundled with the purchase of your Mac. Does GB appear in the list?

You may need to unhide apps to be sure you have the full list;

Hidden Apps -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 1.0.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 8.3

Jul 3, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Dah•veed

Thanks for the response. I checked and Garage Band does appear in the Purchased section. I have signed out of the APP Store and signed back in with my Apple ID. When I try to up date he APP I get a message that says "Update unavailable with this Apple ID". I have no idea how to figure out what Apple ID could be the correct one since I am able to sign into the APP store using my Apple ID. Any suggestions?

Problem with doing an update to Garage Band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.