Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 can't sync music anymore (iOS 8.4)

Hey guys.

I've got a problem. Since I've updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 8.4 yesterday, my music doesn't sync via iTunes (latest Version) anymore.

iTunes starts syncing as usual by creating a backup, but afterwards it just skips the other steps. The music which I've already had on my iPhone is still there, but iTunes says there's no storage used for music just for "other". When I try syncing via WiFi, my iPhone says the last sync was back in april and it starts trying to connect to my MBA which doesn't work either.

Maybe someone of you can help me solving this issue.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:13 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2015 7:10 PM in response to Tobsn90

I have a similar issue. Not long after I took the iOS 8.4 upgrade, and started saving music to my iPhone via Apple Music, my iPhone has not been able to receive all the music from my iTunes like it could in 8.3. I think it only sync music to my iPhone if it can be found within the iTunes music store, which is a crock. So if folks can point one, both, and/or many more of us in the right direction, please do.

Jul 5, 2015 10:21 AM in response to rmahabir

Hey guys,

I had the same problem, i could not sync my own music from my pc to phone anymore, but once i turned off the apple music from "setting/music/show apple music", it worked. the i turned it back on, but still apple music not back on, so i had to sign out of apple music from the profile icon on top left side of music app, then restarted my phone, then signed back in. It's working now .

I don't like if I have to use this method for syncing my own music library all the time, apple should think of a solution.

iPhone 6 can't sync music anymore (iOS 8.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.