Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport express a1084 setup with OS X Yosemite

Hi,

I want to set up my airport express a1084 to my desktop OS X Yosemine (10.10.3) so i can hook up my printer and music (NO INTERNET!!!)

It feels like I've looked everywhere for forum and help, but not able to find any answers.

When I plug in, it flashes amber. I've tried connecting to it via system preference>network and it will come up but as an internet choice, but I don't have my router plugged into it (and i don't want to).

Please help!

Thank you

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:21 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 2:30 PM in response to aslladybug

Apple dropped support of the the older AirPort Express models when they introduced the Lion operating system about 3 years ago.

You will need.....or be able to borrow for 10-15 minutes......a Mac running an older operating system, like Leopard (10.5.x) or Snow Leopard (10.6.x), or a PC that has AirPort Utility for Windows installed on the device to be able to administer the older AirPort Express.

airport express a1084 setup with OS X Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.