Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will apple replace my macbook charger

My macbook pro charger's chord has turned green near the tip. Is there any way apple will exchange mine for a new one?User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:35 PM

If covered by warranty and not abused Apple will replace a defective cable

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

This is the Mac Pro desktop forum. I requested your post be moved to the MacBook Pro laptop forum.

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 2:41 PM in response to MN0505

Your appointment for an evaluation is free. Bring ALL your MacBook gear, not just the power adapter. They MAY choose to replace it. They may not. The standard is that it has not been abused, and the wires are exposed in a way that may shock you or cause a fire. The guys at the genius Bar have a great deal of latitude is determining whether your specific unit poses a SAFETY risk.

If not, they run about US$80, and are generally in stock.

Do not use one rated less Watts than the one that came with your MacBook, because it will not charge and run at the same time. You are free to use one rated more Watts that your current one, it will do no damage whatsoever to anything, and may run cooler. But it will be slightly heavier.

will apple replace my macbook charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.