Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Need To Replicate This Transition

I want to replicate this guys transitions - they appear to do a fast forward between segments. I've looked in my iMovie 10.0.9 and I don't see any transitions that look like this.

https://www.udemy.com/4000-dollars-a-week-from-udemy/?dtcode=hZYnUu63cXxp

Any ideas?

iMovie 10.0.9-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:49 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 9:16 AM in response to michaeleugene

He's not using iMovie so it's probably just a transition that came with the program he uses. I don't think it's possible to recreate that exact transition in iMovie. Do you need that exact transition or do you just like it and wanted to use it? There are simple ways to add pretty awesome transitions in iMovie, outside of the few that come with it. Let me know if that's what you're after.

<Links Edited By Host>

Jul 5, 2015 9:16 AM in response to michaeleugene

I can't think of how to do it, but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't be able to figure out a way. After messing around with different techniques and workarounds, I couldn't come up with anything. The closest thing I could see was just using the Cross Zoom transition, but I'm sure you already know about that one.

<Links Edited By Host>

Jul 5, 2015 9:15 AM in response to michaeleugene

Well, I don't think banging your head on the wall will help. 😁 If you're not dead set on this one, there are easy ways to get unique transitions. Do a quick YouTube search for "green screen transitions" and you'll find a bunch of options. Use a service like KeepVid to download one of the videos then overlay that video on top of one of your clips using the green screen option. Again, it's not exactly what you want, but you may find one that will suffice.

<Links Edited By Host>

I Need To Replicate This Transition

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.