Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple watch to control music on iPhone flaky after iOS 8.4.

I've noticed that after upgrading to iOS 8.4 on my iPhone 6, strange things are happening in regards to playing music or streaming radio on my iPhone and using my Apple Watch to play, pause, skip.

Example: When I try to play a track on my iPhone using my watch to start the track, sometimes it will play approximately 3 seconds, then just stop playing. This also happens when skipping tracks. Then last night, out of the blue at 2:00 AM, the iHeartRadio app started playing on my iPhone while it was locked and charging and my watch was on my desk also charging. I got up and killed that iHeartRadio app to make sure it wasn't running in the foreground or background and went back to bed. About an hour later for no reason, my iPhone started playing from the iHeartRadio app again even though it wasn't running in the background.

None of these issues were happening with iOS 8.3. Has anyone else noticed these kinds of anomalies?

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:30 PM

There are no replies.

Using Apple watch to control music on iPhone flaky after iOS 8.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.