Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express stops responding during setup

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me please?

I have an airport express (A1264) which seems to have developed its own mind! I am struggling to get it to connect to my network to extend it.

I have done soft and hard resets, no change, I have also done a factory reset, now I can get to the point where I can choose either to extend or other options, regardless of what I choose clicking next does nothing, it just sticks at this screen.

The he express is in good condition, not been dropped or anything that would make me think it is damaged.

I have tried connecting it direct to the Mac by Ethernet but it says it needs a newer firmware on it to do anything.

I have a iPad 1 that I have been using to connect with it as any of my upto date devices get the unexpected error message.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 3:11 PM in response to askbugsy

Have you tried using the airport utility for iOS on your ipad.. we have found it works much better cf the Mac version 6 utility.

If it is several years old.. then the power supplies grow tired and it really might be hardware fault.

The he express is in good condition, not been dropped or anything that would make me think it is damaged.

Good condition and appearance does not fix the internals which can simply be worn out.

See the capacitor problem most things apple makes eventually suffer because they are made too small, no airflow and simply run too hot.

https://sites.google.com/site/lapastenague/airport-express-repair

Airport Express stops responding during setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.