Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant restore/turn on or put in dfu mode

My ipod was working fine until i put it in my pocket one day then it just stopped the ipod would turn on get to the apple logo then turn off and repeat very annoying I tried just plugging it into itunes to restore it but i click restore have the software to do it but it gets past preparing ipod then there is a loading circle it freezes then restarts and get and error code i also cant put it in dfu mode i dont think there is anything wrong with any of the buttons any help would be great

also i cant even update the software on it

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:05 PM

8 replies

Jul 3, 2015 3:19 PM in response to MomentumX

Not a good error:

iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014

When you try to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may see one of these messages in iTunes.

You may see one of these messages if the device unexpectedly disconnects during the update or restore or iTunes couldn't tell the device to go to the restore state.

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Restore using another USB cable.
  5. Restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

That means a hardware problem with the iPod

I cant restore/turn on or put in dfu mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.