Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PS3 controller problems with Yosemite

I want to use my generic ps3 controller on my macbook pro early (2015) running yosemite, i am able to find it on the bluetooth menu bar, but not in the bluetooth preferences, it does connect to it, but only when the lights are flashing, once the lights turn off it disconnects I've tried the following steps hundreds of times and different variations and nothing...

• Optional but recommended, disconnect any nearby Playstation 3 power supplies so that you don’t inadvertently power on the PS3 during the gamepad setup with the Mac
  • On the Mac, go to the  Apple menu and choose “System Preferences” then go to “Bluetooth”
  • Turn Bluetooth ON in OS X (either through the Bluetooth preference panel or the menu bar item) if it’s not enabled yet
  • Connect the Playstation 3 wireless controller to the Mac using the mini-USB cable
  • Press the circular “PS” button on the middle of the Playstation controller to turn it on, the lights on the controller will blink as it pairs with the Mac – the Bluetooth preference panel will likely show a device available but not yet connected as it pairs the Mac with the PS3 gamepad
  • Wait a moment to see “PLAYSTATION (r) 3 Controller” appear in the Bluetooth Devices list with “Connected” appearing underneath the text, once it displays “Connected” you can now disconnect the USB cable and use the Playstation 3 controller wirelessly with the Mac
  • Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:05 PM

There are no replies.

PS3 controller problems with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.