Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to selectively disable Family Sharing features like Family Calendar?

I have a very long-established Apple ID that I have used to purchase all music, video and apps. My wife simply used shared my ID to access all that content.

My wife and I amicably divorced several years ago but it was never an issue to allow her to continue to access all my Apple purchases using my ID. And when I met my current partner, being the geek in the relationship, I continued to be the more prolific adopter of new stuff, so I allowed her to access my iTunes purchase history also using my ID.

Now my kids are of the age when they have iPods, however, I’d really like to be able to setup Family Sharing. I’d like to share my stuff with them but I don’t really want to grant them access to my account through my own Apple ID. Until now that means I have had to keep manually updating and installing everything on their gadgets using my ID as I don’t want them to be able to purchase directly just yet. I keep Restrictions on to control this.

But whilst Family Sharing looks like the best solution for my current partner, ex-wife and kids to be able to see and purchase stuff on my credit card, what I don’t really want or need is to have a shared Family Calendar for my current and previous partner to view each others’ lives in quite that much detail. And let’s not go near Location Sharing.

Is it possible to disable the social aspects of Family Sharing and just have it so the only things being shared are music, videos and apps. It seems like the definition of Family is quite narrow as I can’t believe I am the only divorcee with this kind of challenge?

Thanks

Andy

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:38 PM

There are no replies.

Is it possible to selectively disable Family Sharing features like Family Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.