Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Network Connection

OK this is driving me insane.

My daughter has had her iPhone 6 swapped over at an Apple store & i'm trying to restore her stuff back onto the replacement.

I can go through the process & log in with her apple id when i get to restore from iCloud backup i can see her iCloud backup but everytime i try to restore i get.

Lost Network Connection.

Your phone could not be restored because you are no longer connected to the internet.

but i am connected & i get this with all her backups there is a couple of old ones from her iPhone 4 in there too along with a couple of older backups from her iPhone 6

I have checked if the phone has an issue by setting up as a new phone & connecting to wifi no problems there I'm on fibre optic broadband so it all works great.

I also tried restoring the iPhone from one of my backups with no issues at all so it cannot be the phone

Interestingly i have also tried an app on my mac Dr Fone where you can recover data & put it back on the iPhone again i can log in fine i can see the backups when i click to download it i get an error message telling me to check my internet connection & try again.

Any ideas or suggestions not only on how to get this working but also how to deal with a very angry teenage girl who's whole life is on that phone grrr

Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:16 PM

1 reply

Lost Network Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.