Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't import and iMovie project from iPad to Mac, despite having the up-to-date OS and apps. Why?

I am being driven wild by this issue! I am using the most up-to-date versions of iMovie and OS X Yosemite but when I follow the instructions on this page: iMovie '11: Import an iMovie project from an iOS device it does not work. Using the iTunes method, I get as far as downloading the project onto my desktop but I cannot open it in iMovie (it is greyed out). Similarly, I can upload the project to the cloud but there is no option to download from there in iMovie on the mac.

Help would be hugely appreciated as I have spent two entire even wings trying to solve this, to no avail, and I need to get a project edited and ready for a school leaver's event in two weeks time.

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 2:35 PM

There are no replies.

I can't import and iMovie project from iPad to Mac, despite having the up-to-date OS and apps. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.