Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download photos from Windows formatted iPod 5G onto Macbook?

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your time and helping me solve this issue. To begin with, I have an old iPod 5G with over 50GB of music and pictures. I no longer have the Windows PC it was originally synced with. As a result, the iPod is my only access to the content.

When I connect the iPod to my MacBook, I get a flashing striking-out symbol which says, "do not disconnect" and an error message on my screen that says "The iPod "NAME OF DEVICE" cannot be synced because it cannot be read from or written to."

I happen to have iMazing and was able to extract all 50+GBs of my music into my iTunes with a path to my external HD. That only took 5 days with memory loss and a system crash on day 4. Despite the read/write error message, I still see the iPod appear as a connected device in iTunes once I click OK to dismiss the message. I can also still see my photos on the device itself. iMazing shows zero files in the photos section.

How do I get my photos off the iPod and onto my external hard drive? I cannot figure it out. Please help.

Thank you.

MacBook

13" MacBook Pro (Late 2012) 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5 8GM 1600 MHz DDR3 OS X Yosemite ver 10.10.1

iPod

60GB 5th Generation (software version 1.3)

iTunes

Version 12.1.2.27

60GB iPod 5th Generation-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:08 PM

There are no replies.

How do I download photos from Windows formatted iPod 5G onto Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.