Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change iTunes 12.1 playlist display format?

I installed iTunes 12.2, and the first change I noticed was the format of playlists.

Up until now, a playlist just showed as a list of songs, and I was happy with that. Now, every playlist has a banner across the top with artwork and some playlist info, which reduces the number of songs I can see on the screen at one time by 5 or 6. I don't like that.

Even worse, if I create a new playlist or duplicate an existing playlist, now every song entry includes an album artwork icon. This significantly reduces the number of songs I can see on the screen at one time.

If I take an existing playlist where I can see 23 songs at one time (with the new banner at the top), and duplicate it, I get a version of the same playlist where I can now only see 10 songs at a time.

I use playlists a lot, and I frequently edit the order of songs -- maybe I'm weird that way -- so for me these changes are significant regressions in terms of usability. I've looked through all the preferences, command-clicked everywhere I can, and searched online, and I can't find anyway to go back to the plain old artwork-free (and preferably banner-free) playlist format that I'm used to.

Does anyone know if there are any available options for customizing the way playlists are displayed?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 5:06 PM

In the upper right corner where it says "playlists," there is a dropdown menu. Click it and click "songs." It will display the old way. They make this view more and more difficult to find every update.

8 replies

Can I change iTunes 12.1 playlist display format?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.