Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audiobooks in ibooks is.4

I am having an issue with keeping my place in an audiobook now that it is in ibooks. If ibooks closes or reloads it restarts the book at chapter one of the book. I used to keep this managed with a smart playlist that would only list the chapter that had not been listened to. However, ibook does not have playlist and audiobook playlist do not even show up in music. Also when I sync with iTunes plays information does not update so even my playlists in iTunes do not help.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way that I can fix this issue?

I am using an iPhone 6plus.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:33 PM

7 replies

Jul 3, 2015 5:57 PM in response to turingtest2

This worked. But I still do not fully like the way things are with audiobooks in ibooks.

Do the chapter names display for you? I just see "Track #". This is difficult when there are multiple sections to a book with their own chapters. Also I like to read along sometimes with a audiobook but I can only play a book or read a book not both together.

Aug 30, 2015 9:19 AM in response to mathmans

I'm having this issue too, and it is very annoying. Also, if I find my correct place on my desktop, which is far easier than on the iphone, the phone will not sync to the desktop location. To the contrary, even the the desktop was synced later, it matches the iPhone.

As mathmans said, seeing only track #s makes it hard to get back to your place. I'm very frustrated.

Audiobooks in ibooks is.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.