Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

water damage, please help me!

2 days ago my iPhone 4 dropped in the toilet.I picked it up as soon as it fell and my screen was black. I did some research and gathered knowledge to put my iPhone in a rice bag for 48 hours. I did that and when I took it out of the bag I decided to charge it. It has been 5 minutes and the screen is still blank. I cant even connect to iTunes. What do I do now? I just recently put it back in a rice bag and I'm so scared. Please help me!

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 3:46 PM

9 replies

Jul 3, 2015 4:36 PM in response to f_azad

Most likely your phone is dead. Most of us here recommend putting it in rice for at least a week and not turning it on during that time. At this point, you could try charging it for an hour or so and then try to reset it by holding the power button and home button until you see the apple then let go. I think you will need to consider an out of warranty replacement at an Apple Store.

water damage, please help me!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.