Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I log onto my MacBook, Microsoft Word automatically pops up.

When I log onto my MacBook, Microsoft Word and Excel automatically pop open. The laptop is a little sluggish and runs kind of slow. This all started after I installed Yosemite. Do I have a virus on my MacBook or is something wrong with Yosemite? Does anyone know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:07 PM

5 replies

Jul 3, 2015 6:30 PM in response to Bella90210

No virus. When you shut down a Mac Apple has a dialog asking if you want to reopen windows upon logging in. If you check yes, then it will reopen whatever was left open when the shut down command was instigated.

You can also change that behavior by selecting applications that do that in the Dock and select the Options menu -> and make sure that Open at Login is not checked by selecting it if it is checked.

Lastly in Apple menu -> System preferences -> Users and Groups, the default user has Login Items which can be removed if you don't want them to run at login.

When I log onto my MacBook, Microsoft Word automatically pops up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.