Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with downloading OS X 10.10.4

So as you can see from the screen shot my macbook seems to have downloaded the update twice, still says it's available and already installed and also is completely paused and will not let me whatsoever resume the imovie download. Any help would be appreciated or should I just give up and go to the genius bar? I have crappy internet so the attempt to download the osx update took an hour (yeah sh*tty I know) and when it finished it said restart - I hit restart and it says something about showing the details of the download - I click show details it does nothing. I click cancel it again does nothing. I have tried restarting several times and it still shows up that the download/ update is there.

Even though down below you can see that it has supposedly downloaded it and installed it successfully twice. User uploaded file😟

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 4:45 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 7:18 PM in response to SarahJ88

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Issues with downloading OS X 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.