Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No music after 12.2 upgrade

Well this is unpleasant. I guess I s/ pay more attention to the software upgrades. Apparently have 'upgraded' to 12.2 and I am lost. No music (my library is not that big) and cannot figure out how to find it. Is there anything that resembles a transition training / document so that I can figure out what the heck is going on here? Where did my music go? How do I use the Internet Radio function?

I really enjoyed the simplicity of the old product. Can I go back to that platform? If not, can I get support w/o having to pay for it so I can get some help figuring this out?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:08 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Jim Vick

Look in your Media folder and the folders and files in there. Do you see things that look like media files? If you do then use the following link to rebuild the actual database which generates your iTunes display.

ASC user turingtest2 help document: Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6561

If the media files are missing you will need to restore them from a backup, re-download them from the iTunes Store, or from whatever your original source was.

No music after 12.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.