Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having some problems with Contacts

Hi. I have a new Mac Mini running the latest version of Yosemite. I also have an older iMac running the same version of Yosemite. My problems with Contacts started on my iMac but they are continuing on my Mac Mini.

The first problem: I also own an iPod Touch, 4th generation running iOS 6. Its Contacts sync with my Mac Mini's contacts via iCloud. However, some of my contacts aren't syncing; they aren't appearing on the iPod at all. I don't know how to get those contacts into the iPod Touch.

The other problem is that Contacts on my Macs list my iCloud groups twice. It's hard to describe without providing a screenshot but the left part of my Contacts window looks like this:

All Contacts

On My Mac

All on My Mac

Facebook

All Facebook

iCloud

All iCloud

Family

Stores

Friends

Health

Business

iCloud

All iCloud

Family

Stores

Friends

Health

Business

As you can see above, the iCloud groups are listed twice. I don't know if it's related to the problems I'm having syncing with the iPod Touch. I also don't remember when Contacts started showing the Groups twice. Maybe it started with Yosemite. It may have started with Mavericks, but I don't think before then. Maybe there is a setting on my Mac that's causing this issue, but I don't know that setting might be.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:25 PM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:12 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, thanks again. I read the two pages you linked to, but I still can't figure out what's going wrong. My iOS device is only being synced via iCloud; also Contacts are checked in my iCloud Systems Preferences on my Mac.

Also, I'm not seeing duplicates of each contact. What I'm seeing is that the iCloud section is being listed twice (as shown in my first message in this thread). If I delete a contact from one of the iCloud sections, it deletes it from the other iCloud section.

Having some problems with Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.