Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you add PDF books to iBooks on the iPad?

I don't know why this does not seem to be straightforward and I have to ask every time I want o add a PDF book to iBooks.

I've spent the last hours trying to figure it out, so I'm back here asking again. Even a search on this subject did not turn up anything.

Please help...

TIA,

Ken

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 16G RAM

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:34 PM

How are you recieving the PDF ? if by mail hold your finger on the thumbnail then tap Open in iBooks.

User uploaded file

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 8:30 AM in response to bobseufert

This is wonderful, I appreciate the link bobseufert, but, as I have discovered before, the text in this manual for "Sync a PDF" reads as if you know how to "add the PDF to iBooks for OS X" which means nothing to me because I don't know how to add a PDF to iBooks for OS X.

Writers should remember the basic questions that readers need to have answered "Who, Why, What, Where, How and When" are the cornerstone of good instructional writing. I wish the writers were more in tune with readers who are trying to learn the basics. If you don't know how to add a PDF to iBooks so I am out of luck and cannot make it to first base with this.

How do you add PDF books to iBooks on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.