Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5::No Data on 4G only LTE

I have an iPhone 5, AT&T/GSM and recently the phone won't provide data while using 4G. Data works fine on LTE, but not on 4G. Tried someone else's AT&T SIM in the phone and it was the same results.

Checked settings and field test mode against a known working iPhone 5 and all appears the same, just no data connectivity even though the phone displays the same bars and says "AT&T 4G".

Any suggestions before I start a support ticket with Apple?

Thanks..

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, AT&T/GSM Locked

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:18 PM

4 replies

Jul 3, 2015 10:41 PM in response to jbreitner

under Settings > Cellkular ...

it says that LTE loads data faster (my 5s/32 says that any way).

I turned off LTE .. and just use Cellular.

Some learned people have pointed out that the system is not up and running for LTE yet ... I don't know.

My 5s/32 keeps losing finger prints and keeps shutting off phone calls now;

That just started about 8 days ago .. when I saw the signal strength buttons on the upper left of the screen start to travel up and down the scale.

I also could not use any of the Apps for a while with just 1 of the 5 dots filled up.

I turn on Airplane Mode and then back on to regular .. that apparently resets the system and the iPhone starts to search for a cellular tower to hook up with.

Finds the Verizon source .. and only 1 out of 5 buttons filled up .. or 2 .. in a big city it is 5 out 5.

I live out in the country.

I am at a loss and Apple Care nor the Genius can sort it out either ...

The iPhone is not on fire or smoking ... nothing permanent is broken .. it just a failure to operate from time to time.

Seems to be completely software related ...

Anyhow .. for me .. a turn off of the LTE helps it work better.

iPhone 5::No Data on 4G only LTE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.