Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID weird in some apps, good in others. Help!

Hi folks,

I'm having problems signing in to iCloud for whatever reason. I just got a new iPhone 6 and have signed in with my Apple ID to download apps from the app store; no problems with the ID or the password. But when it came to input that for the "Find My Phone" app, I entered everything correctly, and it spit back the message that either my ID or password was not correct. I have reset my password, but it still doesn't work. I've contacted Apple, but am wondering if anyone has some advice. Thank you in advance! americantory

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:36 PM

1 reply

Jul 3, 2015 8:47 PM in response to Calvin Arnt

Before doing the troubleshooting steps below, just to make sure - you have signed into iCloud under Settings>iCloud with your Apple ID and have turned on the Find My iPhone app there, correct? If you have not, then that is why it is not recognizing your sign in. The Find My iPhone app is used to locate a device that has been signed into Find My iPhone via iCloud.

If you have done all that, and you are simply trying ot sign into Find My iPhone to locate a device, or see how it works then:

Have you tried the following:

1. Double-click the Home key and swipe up on the app to completely close it, then try again

2. If that doesn't work, close it again, and afterward, reset your device (nothing will be lost): Hold down the Home and Power buttons at the same time and continue to hold them down until the Apple appears. Once the Slide to Unlock screen displays, try to sign into the Find My iPhone app again.

3. If that doesn't work, delete the app by holding down on the icon until it starts to wiggle and then click on the "x" in the upper left-hand corner of the icon. Then re-download it again, and see if you can sign in.

Best of luck,

GB

Apple ID weird in some apps, good in others. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.