Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I shuffle play songs from same artist?

I just downloaded the new Itunes update, and I can't figure out how to shuffle play my music. I can only shuffle play from an album. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 11:56 AM

Create a Smart Playlist by the artist you're interested in. Within the Playlist, you can shuffle, play by order, whatever.

5 replies

Jul 20, 2015 7:16 PM in response to Curt Wiederhoeft

Open the Music App. In the middle of the screen you will see one of the following: Artist, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers or Compilations. If it's on Artist all you need to do is select the icon to the left of the Artist name, it will start playing that Artist.. Select the Artist's name. You can select shuffle here or there is a Mini Player close to the bottom of the screen. Look for a small Pause Icon on the left side. Swipe the icon up to reveal the player. Select the Shuffle Icon at the bottom and you will be shuffling all the songs for the Artist. You can Play (or shuffle) all the songs in an Album or all the songs in your Library using the same process. Select the word Artist in the middle of the screen and then select Songs or Album. The process is the same as above for shuffling the album or artist's songs.

Jul 20, 2015 7:32 PM in response to mpresutto63

Open the Music App. In the middle of the screen you will see one of the following: Artist, Albums, Songs, Genres, Composers or Compilations. If it's on Artist all you need to do is select the icon to the left of the Artist name, it will start playing that Artist.. Select the Artist's name. You can select shuffle here or there is a Mini Player close to the bottom of the screen. Look for a small Pause Icon on the left side. Swipe the icon up to reveal the player. Select the Shuffle Icon at the bottom and you will be shuffling all the songs for the Artist. You can Play (or shuffle) all the songs in an Album or all the songs in your Library using the same process. Select the word Artist in the middle of the screen and then select Songs or Album. The process is the same as above for shuffling the album or artist's songs.

How do I shuffle play songs from same artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.