Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I click the play button on a station in the Radio nothing happens - why?

I'm trying the Radio feature from the new Apple Music app, signed in with my Japan store account.

I can play the Beat station at the top. But if I click one of the recommended stations below that (e.g. Disney) nothing happens. Why might that be?

I'm signed in to the store, but my payment method is set to なし (none). Could that be the reason? They won't play songs for me unless I'm signed in with a payment method?

Thanks,

doug

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), i5, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:10 PM

I confirmed what is happening. The Radio feature will only work for free with a U.S. account. With a Japan account you must be an Apple Music subscriber to hear the radio stations. It just doesn't say so when you click on a radio station play button.

Also, the membership cost in Japan is less - ¥980 vs $9.99. So it's about 25% less via the Japan store account.

doug

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 9:10 PM in response to Doug Lerner2

I confirmed what is happening. The Radio feature will only work for free with a U.S. account. With a Japan account you must be an Apple Music subscriber to hear the radio stations. It just doesn't say so when you click on a radio station play button.

Also, the membership cost in Japan is less - ¥980 vs $9.99. So it's about 25% less via the Japan store account.

doug

If I click the play button on a station in the Radio nothing happens - why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.