Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

invalid sim card while activating iphone5

I bought an iPhone 5 second-hand and everything is fine with it except when I try use my SIM card.

I get the message on the lock screen saying, "Activation Required" and then when I open the phone I get the message,

SIM Not Valid

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier, Please contact Apple for more information.

so please help me to fix this problem

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:01 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 5:20 AM in response to patrick809

Either the iPhone is locked to a wireless provider other than the one whose sim

is in the iPhone or you are attempting to use the iPhone with an unsupported wireless

provider.

In the first case, only the wireless provider to which the iPhone is locked can unlock it.

Contact that wireless provider to see if they offer unlocking and if you qualify.

In the second case, contact the wireless provider you are attempting to use for assistance

or use a supported wireless provider. Which provider in what country are you attempting to

set the iPhone to use?

invalid sim card while activating iphone5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.