Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud status, owned music now says Apple Music (DRM)

I have a very large iTunes library and own all of my music. I did activate Apple Music for the trial period (but have added any music to library from there yet) and I also have iTunes Match. Most of my library under the iCloud Status is matched or uploaded, however, there are 77 songs (that I own) that now say Apple Music under the iCloud Status. All of these songs are songs I ripped from vinyl or downloaded from the bands' websites. This wouldn't necessarily be an issue but Apple Music is DRM (so I am guessing these are too) and could cause an issue sometime in the far future. Anyone know why this happened, how to prevent it, and/or how to fix it? Or maybe I am wrong.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:46 PM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2015 4:53 AM in response to clarketf

I am in the same boat as you clarketf. Today I was moving some of my owned (for Years) music into iTunes this morning, as I have been doing for past few mornings without issues I might add, and suddenly my owned music shows as Apple Music rather than Matched. The only thing that I know I have done differently is to "Make Available Offline" some music from Apple Music on my phone, which occurred last night. Hmmm.

I'm sure that this is not helpful to you, however, you are not alone.

2012 iMac, Mac OS X (10.10.5)

iCloud status, owned music now says Apple Music (DRM)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.