Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FIFTH iPhone 5S Replacement

Is anyone else having issues with making three way calls? I am on my FIFTH iphone 5S replacement as the engineers claim they don't know why I am having my problem. When making a three way call....I am on the first call, I go to my recent call list, choose the second call, and a green bar appears on top of my recent call list when in fact it should go back to the black call screen to allow me to hang up or merge the calls. I MUST ENSURE THAT I ACTIVATE THE SPEAKERPHONE AS DURING THIS PERIOD I AM FIGHTING TO GET MY BLACK CALL SCREEN BACK.

To get my black call screen back, I have to close all apps and/or double tap the home button, go to the home screen, and hit the green phone button as though I was making my first call. At this time my black call screen (to end call or merge) pops up next to the home screen. I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM AFTER FIVE REPLACEMENTS!!!!!

I wanted to go to the iPhone 6 but there's no way I am paying another $700 and not sure if I will have the same problems. HELP ANYONE!!!!! I gave the FIFTH phone a different name, manually installed/reconfigured all 140 apps, and even got a new SIM card. This process has been very frustrating and a thorn in my side. I never had any problems with my iPhone 4S.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, FIFTH REPLACEMENT

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:57 PM

7 replies

Jul 4, 2015 10:25 AM in response to glee4u

When the problem occurs, if you double-press the HOME button, can you then get back to the phone app by tapping on it?

Whatever your problem is, it isn't common. I don't recall any other posts describing a similar problem in the 8 years that I've been reading the iPhone forum. If you back up the phone, restore it using iTunes and set it up as a NEW phone with no added apps can you replicate the problem? You can still restore the backup later, but you need a baseline for troubleshooting.

My FIFTH iPhone 5S Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.