Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of ipod because of wrong email.

So we got our daughter an ipod touch for her birthday. I set it up and accidentally entered the wrong email address (I was talking to someone while trying to do set up). This was not a problem in using the ipod until my daughter decided to change the passcode and didn't remember what she changed it to so she got locked out. I tried to do a reset but itunes was requiring me to enter my apple id which of course was the wrong email address. I called Apple after several attempts to figure this out on my own. The gal who was helping me verified the ipod was not stolen based on the security questions and was the one who figured out I was one letter off when I entered my email address. Tech sent a reset email that was hopeful because it was addressed to my daughter which I tried. It didn't work. It reverted to my email and just keeps saying that this ipod cannot be unlocked with that Apple ID. I believe the problem is that the email they have on file is one that is linked to a different ipod. I now can't get Apple to respond to my emails or return my calls. I have set up a new email for my daughters ipod. How can get someone to respond or fix this myself?

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 7:54 PM

1 reply

Locked out of ipod because of wrong email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.