Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Crashing after 8.4 update

Last night I updated my iPad mini to 8.4. Now, when I use the keypad in Safari, it frequently crashes to the home screen. I reset the iPad and it seemed to help for a while but now it's doing it again, especially when tying to search. Frustrating. Hope this is fixed very soon.

iPad, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:23 PM

I have the same problem, and Yea, this is a REAL pain. I have all kinds of work files on my iPad, files I need like NOW, and my iPad is stuck in a loop, constantly restarting.

I have tried the "fix" suggested by Apple (Connected my iPad to iTunes on my Mac, downloaded the software in a process that took well over an hour, and that didn't work. Complete waste of my time.) and that was not only unsuccessful, but it was a dumb "fix" that didn't fix anything.

So, I have a big project that I have made a commitment to have ready by the end of next week. I put all of the documents for that project on my iPad, and now I am screwed. I will be able to fix it myself by "working backwards" to collect all of the documents again, but it is going to take me a lot of time to do something that I had relied upon Apple's iPad to do for me.

I am so glad I did not update my iPhone.

So I am not happy. I'll leave it at that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2015 10:23 PM in response to jimani

I have the same problem, and Yea, this is a REAL pain. I have all kinds of work files on my iPad, files I need like NOW, and my iPad is stuck in a loop, constantly restarting.

I have tried the "fix" suggested by Apple (Connected my iPad to iTunes on my Mac, downloaded the software in a process that took well over an hour, and that didn't work. Complete waste of my time.) and that was not only unsuccessful, but it was a dumb "fix" that didn't fix anything.

So, I have a big project that I have made a commitment to have ready by the end of next week. I put all of the documents for that project on my iPad, and now I am screwed. I will be able to fix it myself by "working backwards" to collect all of the documents again, but it is going to take me a lot of time to do something that I had relied upon Apple's iPad to do for me.

I am so glad I did not update my iPhone.

So I am not happy. I'll leave it at that.

Jul 3, 2015 11:11 PM in response to nippersinkbrad

Really ticks me off.

It seems this is a major bug, and you can't help but wonder if the update was rushed out when it wasn't tested as well as it should have been. Maybe pressure applied to get it out on an agreed upon time, with many contributors, all expected to be ready by a previously agreed upon date without any leeway for errors or thorough testing, and shortcuts were taken to "get it out".

So, somebody looked good, and the whole thing failed, and it

Leaves me in the lurch.

Shoddy.

Crashing after 8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.