Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Losing it with a 13008 error in iTunes 12.2.0.145

1. I read all the troubleshooting solutions about deleting the Extras and Genius databases and followed the instructions.

2. I deleted them and tried to restart iTunes and I get the same error.

3. The good news, iTunes replaced those files into my iTunes folder.

4. The bad news, they are also multiplying in my Trash folder every time I attempt to open iTunes.

5. Then I thought I would just create a new library and reimport all my media.

6. I'm allowed to create a new library but when iTunes tries to open I get the 13008 error.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do now to get iTunes to work?

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop the multiplication of those database files in my Trash folder?

I'm totally at a loss and getting ready to just stop listening to music if it continues to be this hard.

Mac mini (Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 8:22 AM

I guess it's working now.

1. Before I completely gave up yesterday, I created a new library in a new folder. I was still receiving the 13008 error with that new library.

2. I deleted that library and renamed my actual library back to what it was before so iTunes would be able to recognize it.

3. I deleted the extras and genius files.

4. I trued launching iTunes and it said it need a library file.

5. I dragged the Library .itl file from the iTunes folder that iTunes creates as a default in the Music folder.

6. I launched iTunes and it stopped responding. I left it not responding because I have found that often times apps continue to work internally even though it says it isn't responding.

7. iTunes closed by itself. I relaunched iTunes and it worked.

I hate iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 8:22 AM in response to Just Jason

I guess it's working now.

1. Before I completely gave up yesterday, I created a new library in a new folder. I was still receiving the 13008 error with that new library.

2. I deleted that library and renamed my actual library back to what it was before so iTunes would be able to recognize it.

3. I deleted the extras and genius files.

4. I trued launching iTunes and it said it need a library file.

5. I dragged the Library .itl file from the iTunes folder that iTunes creates as a default in the Music folder.

6. I launched iTunes and it stopped responding. I left it not responding because I have found that often times apps continue to work internally even though it says it isn't responding.

7. iTunes closed by itself. I relaunched iTunes and it worked.

I hate iTunes.

Losing it with a 13008 error in iTunes 12.2.0.145

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.