Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail Lockscreen Notifications do not Clear

I recently moved back to iOS from Android and started at 8.3. I've noticed something strange and it's not been fixed with 8.4.

All this is in relation to a Gmail account and I've used Gmail, Outlook, and Cloud Magic with the same results.

If my phone is locked and I get a new email, the notification will sound and the new mail will show up on my lock screen BUT if I read the email somewhere else, the notification will not clear from my lock screen. Interestingly, if I unlock the phone and sit on the home screen then go read the email on a different system...the badge notification on the app will immediately go down 1 indication that making the email read is pushing to the device. Same is true if I pull down the notification shade...the email will disappear as soon as I read it somewhere.

It seems like this is a lockscreen issue where the device does not clear the notification. I've tried a full factory reset without luck as well. Notification from Mail.app will clear if I read the email somewhere else but it's relying on a 15 minute polling period, not push.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 9:09 PM

There are no replies.

Gmail Lockscreen Notifications do not Clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.