Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone jack crackling and acting strangely.

Recently my iPhone 5 audio jack has become very hard to work with. First it started out as very subtle popping and crackling if headphones were moved in the right position. After a couple of days it got bad very quickly. It pops and crackles all the time now and sometimes the sound becomes so extremely warped it almost sounds 8-bit. On top of this, Siri will randomly open. Songs will skip forward or pause on it's own. It's almost gained a mind of it's own it seems, but only when headphones are plugged into the jack. It does this with all pairs of headphones, so it's a problem with the iPhone. I have already tried cleaning out the headphone jack via compressed air and a small, skinny tooth cleaner. I have also tried resetting my phone multiple times. Nothing has worked so far.

I will mention how a friend of mine did replace the headphone jack a couple months back. I'm not sure if the piece I ordered was faulty or it was a mistake in the repair. But it's worked fine up until this moment.

Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:35 PM

There are no replies.

Headphone jack crackling and acting strangely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.