Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync music to my phone with iCloud Music Library enabled?

I have iCloud Music Library enabled on my iPhone, but not on my Mac because i keep getting the error "Genius results can’t be updated right now. An unknown error occurred (4001)" which supposedly has to do with the fact that I have more than 25,000 songs in my library. I can't cache (download) music from Apple Music without iCloud Music Library enabled, but I want to add songs from my iTunes library (which is about 200 gigs) to my phone.

With iCloud Music Library enabled on my phone, the option to sync with iPhone is no more (at least for music.) Am i wrong, or is my assumption correct?

If this is correct, then the only solution until the limit is increased to 100,000 songs in the fall is to disable and resync my entire phone every time i want to add a song, then re-enable and redownload every song i want to cache.... that's ridiculous!

Also, it seems that Apple wants us to sync our phone via the internet, meaning many people will be running right through any data limits in an act as simple as syncing their music! also, if someone is in a place where they have no internet connection, they will be out of luck if they want to resync.

Is there any other solution? Hopefully i am totally wrong!

OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Jul 3, 2015 10:35 PM

There are no replies.

How do I sync music to my phone with iCloud Music Library enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.